Learn Safely Online
Working online will require you to use online tools, but it’s also likely that you will go online for many other reasons in your life. It’s important that you know how to be a confident and safe user of technology, how to protect yourself, and respect others when interacting online.
The UK Safer Internet Centre’s top 5 tips are:
- Protect your online reputation: manage your digital footprints and ‘think before you post.’ Content posted online can last forever and could be shared publicly by anyone.
- Know where to find help: understand how to report to service providers and use blocking and deleting tools. If something happens that upsets you online, it’s never too late to tell someone.
- Don’t give in to pressure: if you lose your inhibitions you've lost control; once you’ve pressed send you can’t take it back.
- Respect the law: use reliable services and know how to legally access the music, film and TV you want.
- Acknowledge your sources: use trustworthy content and remember to give credit when using others’ work/ideas.
Find out more at: